Monday, October 21, 2013

Quintessentially! The Ecto Chronicles...prologue

Legends surrounded the coasts of Sunset Valley about its origins, its traditions. The sim nation would want to believe the easy, acceptable truth that the town was founded upon a peaceable agreement. But this is a folly.

The truth has been obscured from the public because it is too frightening to realize. 
This story begins in an office in the depths of hell.
What? Were you expecting that the sim world was created by a fair, omnipresent being?

Fairness is far from this legend's context. 

Vampires. Yes, vampires created the unspoken law. The one true vampire, Lilith. She was intelligent in her rule, but brutal. 
Very brutal.

Her ethereal beauty warded away the thoughts of evil doings from the minds of the people. 
But underneath, her blood ran cold and her heart remained still and hard as stone.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, dear Queen." 

Lilith: "Oh, no matter. I am easily entertained." 

Lilith: "You? You're the Grim Reaper?"

Grim Reaper: "What? You expect me to keep on that black robe in off time? Fuck that." 

"Anyway, you've called for my assistance. I must thank you for not killing a sim just to acquire my presence."

Lilith: "I thought you'd enjoyed death among all hobbies, Sir Reaper."
Grim Reaper: "Yes, but as I said, I hate wearing those robes. They chafe."
Lilith: "..."

Grim Reaper: "Do your inquiries pertain to this email you sent me? About an agreement?" 
Lilith: "Yes, precisely."

"I would like to make an official ruling, but I feel I'd ought to contact you before doing so." 
Grim Reaper: "Oh, no. Go on, if you must." 

"This new town is most opportunistic for the vampire cause. I proclaim that we demand sacrifice."

"Each middle child of every family shall be sacrificed to me--I mean, the town, in order to keep the peace."

Grim Reaper: "Or?"
Lilith: "Or? Honestly? I am a queen! I could just as easily make this ruling without you, but I came to you as a courtesy!" 
Grim Reaper: "You realize how much work that involves for me?"

"Oh, that's rich."

"You call yourself a vampire, Grim? You bear the fang, the pale, and the blood, and yet you deny the chance to feed as you please? Your mother might as well have been a chupacabra."

Grim Reaper: "This is severely unorthodox for one ruling, Lilith. Please seek reason." 

Lilith: "We are vampires. We have no need for a reason."
And so the verdict was made. Every 50 years, the quintessential middle child was sacrificed to Queen Lilith. Everyone in town followed tradition, because they did not wish for peril. 
...however.
What if the sacrificee came back?

Among the couples destined to make sacrifice in the year of 2013, the Rollbacks were in dire straights. 
Eileene Rollback sacrificed their middle child, Lisa, by drowning. 
"Why the hell are you so angry? We did as we were told, Jane!" 

Jane: "You are heartless! How could you do such a thing? We promised that we wouldn't give in this to this bitch no matter how hard times were!" 

Eileene: "I did as I was told! Because of your actions, we could very well be slaughtered and the rest of our daughters as well!" 

Jane: "I just...couldn't."

"I doubt you'd ever felt that mother's love." 

Lisa: "Hey, moms! I'm back!" 

Jane: "Lisa! Oh, my God! It worked! That thingy at the Science Lab worked!"

Eileene: "For fuck's sake, this isn't a good thing! Because of this little shit, we're all gonna fry."

Lisa: "Hi to you, too, I guess." 

"Wait, why are you blaming me? Don't you get it? I've saved this legacy now! Everyone of my children will be safe because ghosts CANNOT DIE AGAIN."
And that's the premise of my life. I'm Lisa Rollback or Lisa Ecto now. I'm going to make family entirely out of ghosts through ten generations to beat that vampire bitch. 

(Omni-Chelsea: Thank you for reading! Hey, if you'd like to add me on The Sims 3 site or in-game, I'm DiamondPlumbob! I'm excited to start this legacy and I hope you will join me.)




No comments:

Post a Comment